Pages

Monday, October 11, 2010

Slaying the Procrastination Demon & Reinventing Yourself

Ever since I can remember, I've had lofty goals of reinventing myself. When I was very young, I would daydream about showing up my snotty cousins who didn't quite understand me and didn't care to take the time to get to know me. When I was in high school, I fell just shy of popularity and often imagined a future where I wasn't pigeon holed into wallflower obscurity.

Not much has changed since then except for a different set of circumstance and a whole lot of [bad] life experiences in between. I still haven't found what I've been looking for all these years. In a sense, I have yet to arrive.

If I had to point my finger at the culprit, at THE reason I haven't even come close to my potential, it'd have to be procrastination. An inexplicable laziness that permeates everything that I do. I'm smart and I have great ideas, but I have a hard time getting to done. How I'm even here writing this blog amazes me, except when I realize that I have actual work to do and instead of that I started this blog. Then it makes perfect sense.

Procrastination has been my legal opiate of choice. And I'm ready to give it the finger. It has been slowly but surely robbing my life of its true potential and killing my hopes and dreams. I'm finally in a good place in life, and I'm ready for some big change in a positive direction. I'm done letting years go by with no progress. I have big goals, and I intend on getting them.

I bought The Now Habit: A Strategic Program for Overcoming Procrastination and Enjoying Guilt-Free Play by Neil Fiore from Amazon.com. I'm starting the ebook tonight and will be posting my thoughts and progress.

Here goes everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment